Saturday, August 21, 2010

Schway, Schway

I've been told that "schway, schway" is Arabic for "hold your horses" or "be patient" or, as some might say, "chillax."  Presently, I'm doing my best to do whatever you'd like to term it at my parents' second home, or as we affectionately term it "the coach" rather (in real terms: a rather posh doublewide), in a retirement community of many "coaches."  On the bright side, for once, I'm the spring chicken on the block.

I was initially told that I would leave for Abu Dhabi sometime in August; however, much to my dismay (and probably much more to my parents' dismay), I am in a holding pattern.  It is now looking like I will be in the September 2nd or 3rd bunch.  Accordingly, I'm spending my days looking for bargain long sleeved shirts and ankle-length skirts at the various Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx stores within a thirty-five mile radius.  Well, I can't lie, I'm also becoming intimately close to the laptop as I check my email incessantly for the golden eticket.

Like they say, if fish and family both spoil after three days, what happens after three weeks? Hopefully, the waiting will end soon, so I can get this adventure on the road.  I am so ready to do this and I invite you along for the adventure!!!  I will miss you all, but writing to you will definitely make me feel connected to all of you and it is my sincere hope that you get some pleasure from it as well.  And, who knows?  Perhaps, it may persuade some of you to actually come visit.

7 comments:

  1. Aimee,
    This is the coolest thing ever. I look forward to reading about your travels! Hang in there and thanks for including me....
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schway Schway Baby All the Way Home or Should I say All the Way Across the Globe? Let's hope your holding pattern is shattered by a deafening scream of an email that sends you straight to the airport while of course "passing GO" on the Monopoly board of LIFE so you can collect your $200 to buy yourself some new digs!!!!
    Good luck on your new adventure Aimee! Even though I never get to see you I still think of all the good times we've had together in our younger years : )
    Hugs,
    Annie
    P.S. I'll pop in to check on you at your new blog and if you ever need me I'm only a few clicks away!
    my pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/giginbigred/
    my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/GigiMinor
    my blog: http://pinksandneedles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what happens to fish after 3 weeks......garbage!!! You're not there yet, sweetie! I am practicing my harem act for the visit to AbuDhabi. You are going to have a wonderful adventure. I will stay turned.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! What a great way to keep us connected. i look forward to hearing what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking very forward to your future posts! From UAE. I have some friends there. Let me know if you want to be in touch with them. They are the best people you could meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee, if your holding pattern gets postponed again, come practice your out-of-country living up here in Canada. Our guest house has your name on it! Weather is beautiful, lake is warm, views are spectacular, and there are festivals galore this time of year. The beaches aren't too shabby, either. I hope for you that it does not get postponed - I can only imagine how antsy you must be feeling to just get on with it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tommy, Annie, Tom, Loralee, Carole, and Mom: so very appreciative of and humbled by of all of your well-wishes and i'm excited to be able to share what really should be some kind of an adventure. Thanks tremendously for the posts. Many well wishes right back at ya.

    ReplyDelete